Youth Development Services
All admissions are reviewed without regard to sex, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
YDS will accept:
- Youth between the ages of 10 and 17
- Victims of emotional, sexual, and/or physical abuse
- Children In Need of Supervision (CHINS)
- Minor In Possession depending upon level of intoxication
- Juveniles Awaiting Placement in another facility
- Pregnant teens up to the beginning of the third trimester
- Non-violent Children as an alternative to secure detention
- Youth stepping down from a higher level of care
YDS does not accept:
- Youth who are actively self-harming and pose a threat to themselves or others
- Youth who's medical needs cannot be managed in a group home setting
- Youth who have been removed from YDS for non-compliance with the program, violent or sexually acting out behaviors.
We accept referrals from:
- Department of Family Services
- Mental health professionals
- Youth can also self-refer
If YDS cannot meet the needs of referred youth, we provide the individual making the referral with a list of similar facilities from around the state.
For information or to make a referral
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
YDS is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.